April 29, 2009

john waters is kind of amazing...




So I've been posting up in my apartment lately because of an injured ankle, and even though the weather has been so good lately, I'm not mad at kickin back and catching up on my fave movies... um, Female Trouble, anyone??! First of all, it's ridiculous and bawdy, as all John Waters flicks, but more importantly, stars Divine romping around, shakin what she gots in some crazed getups....

The story takes place in the 1960's and spans the life of a "shitkicker and a thief," Dawn Davenport, who spends her time yelling at her daughter, getting her hair did with her besties, Chicklet and Confettia, and being beautiful and criminal (the two go hand in hand in this nutso world).

Peep her clothes game! She runs about B-more (the city) in mesh dresses, the highest hair you'd never wish to sit behind, and smoldered eyeliner- Amy Wino's drag predecessor! Oh, and her wedding dress (which I could not find an image of for the life of me) was see-thru, replete with nips and bush ablazing...

So all this may be an eyesore to some, an incantation of the absurd, really- but what is life if you can't go all out? I'd wear toned down versions of every single one of Divine's fits, save for the prison get up in the very end. I <3>



No comments: