June 26, 2009

sadness all around



Yesterday was quite a day. American iconography felt a deep loss, as did our collective memories. 

Many of our childhoods' idol, The Prince of Pop, passed away early yesterday afternoon at the young age of 50, suddenly. I know I was stunned, and silent for like, two hours, and then listened to the jams for the rest of the night, thinking back on how much I loved Michael as a kid, how his work continues to leave people inspired. There's so much to be said, but we all feel the loss. RIP Michael J, you were an immense force in entertainment history. 

Farrah Fawcett also passed away yesterday at the age 62 after a three year battle with cancer, and her memorable style and charisma will not be forgotten. Rest in Peace, Angel. She had probably the most iconic hairstyles of all times, and we will celebrate her life and legacy as a quite a fierce female!

Le Sigh... I'm still shocked. I can't really say much except that I've got the major sads :(





No comments: