May 10, 2009

MAMAAAA!!!!!!

Mama,Mom,Mommy,Mom Dukes,Madre,Mother..whatever u call her..
SHE ROCKS!!
She brought u into this world
(and as the sayin goes when she's pissed off)
"She'll take u out too" :-)

FunkyFanny's was started out of my sheer delight and adoration of all things Fashion and Vintage..
It's a vehicle of expression and also a way for me to pay tribute to all of the Ladies who showed me what style and class are all about..
My Mom,Sister,Godmother,Aunts, Cousins and "Village", cuz baaaaaaby....they stepped out like nobodys business!
Fine,Sharp,Boss,Fly..whatever you call it.. they are it!

The name FunkyFanny's pays homage to them, but also to my Granny,Fannie May Calloway, who showed me how to rock a church hat like no other!!

Growin up in a family full of "dressers",I experienced firsthand how to look the best without havin the "best money"..

Now don't get me wrong, I love a Vintage Pucci dress,Hermes twilly scarf or Louboutin's just as much as the next girl,but fashion to me is so much bigger than namebrands..It's about wearing what looks good on you and being comfortable in your own skin..It's about freedom..freedom of expression..

When designers design, they base their collections off of inspiration..what inspires them..Well guess what? YOU CAN TOO..What inspires you?..

Take a page from the fashion world and flip it to make it your own..Mix your Vintage with your modern,step outside the box,create a signature look(or looks) that show off the best you..
cuz at FunkyFanny's one thing we know for sure..

WHEN YOU FEEL GOOD...YOU LOOK GOOD
AND WHEN YOU LOOK GOOD..YOU FEEL BETTER..
SO..WHY NOT LOOK AND FEEL BETTER....
YOU DESERVE IT!!


With love and respect to all the Mom's across the globe..

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


Hugs Galore...
Your Fav Vintage Wondergirl
~The FunkyFanny

No comments: